Glen Research is seeking a Scientist to conduct research and development supporting a diverse portfolio of products for nucleic acid synthesis labeling, modification, and purification via new product development, internal/external technical support, and technical document preparation.
- Provide expert technical support for external and internal customers
- Review experimental data for quality control of existing products for release
- Propose, develop, and evaluate new products for potential inclusion into the product pipeline
- Support quality investigations and interact with vendors on investigations
- Design and execute experiments to determine optimum synthesis and deprotection conditions
- Create and write technical documents to support marketing efforts
- Synthesize and purify oligonucleotides and oligonucleotide synthesis reagents, including phosphoramidites and supports
- Design, document, interpret and troubleshoot all experiments with utmost scientific rigor
- Actively participate in internal and external scientific discussions
- Follow latest advancements in the field by means of a thorough and regular survey of relevant literature and scientific conference attendance
- Identify patentable inventions and support their filings
- Experience in oligonucleotide synthesis, purification, modification, conjugation, and labeling
- Experience in general nucleic acid techniques such as electrophoresis, sequencing, cloning, PCR, blotting, arrays
- Ph.D. in Organic/Bio-organic Chemistry or closely related discipline
- Capable of planning and executing multi-step organic syntheses; phosphoramidite synthesis experience preferred
- Excellent technical writing ability with a demonstrated track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals or approved patents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Three-years of experience in a post-doctoral and/or industrial environment
- Expertise analyses of oligonucleotides by UV/Vis, ESI MS, fluorescence spectroscopy as well as standard analytical methods - RP HPLC, IEX HPLC, Gel Electrophoresis, NMR
Glen Research offers competitive wages and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
Glen Research is an EEO Employer.
Ph.D. in Organic/Bio-organic Chemistry or closely related discipline