Glen Research CE (B-cyanoethyl) Phosphoramidites are produced and packaged to ensure the highest performance on DNA synthesizers. Every Glen Research product is accompanied by a Certificate of Analysis and HPLC trace, showing the results of our QC testing. Every Glen Research monomer vial is specially cleaned to eliminate particulate contamination and tested to ensure a tight fit on synthesizers.
Coupling: No changes needed from standard method recommended by synthesizer manufacturer.
Deprotection: No changes needed from standard method recommended by synthesizer manufacturer.
dC when protected as an amide linkage is susceptible to transamination or displacement of the amide with the deprotecting amine. Normally, the deprotecting amine is ammonia and displacement leads to the same product as hydrolysis. However, if methylamine is used for the deprotection step with a benzoyl protected dC, approximately 10% of the product is from the displacement reaction to give N-methyl-dC residues, while the remaining 90% is the desired product formed by hydrolysis. A more labile protecting group on dC is isobutyryl which is also commercially available. This group is displaced by methylamine to about 5% - an improvement but still a mutation. Ac-dC, on the other hand, is hydrolyzed virtually instantaneously by the AMA reagent and none of the slower displacement reaction gets a chance to occur.||REFERENCE(S):M.P. Reddy, Beckman Instruments, personal communication.||
Yes. Store tightly sealed in a glass bottle in the refrigerator. The reagent does not decompose but routine opening will lose some of the volatile bases. Dispose properly after 4-6 weeks.||REFERENCE(S):Candy Lee, Dartmouth